Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dani's D & D Rnd 3

This round we finally got some more people. Rio, Nash, and a girl whose name I did not catch all joined us so we had a full size group.

So our initial mission after meeting each other is to basically pass a riddle challenge given by an old copper dragon. Luckily Isaac is good with riddles (I'm utterly useless) so we get by easily enough. The highlight here was the psionic squirrel returned and killed Russ my 1 HD animal companion and US Senator so we lost the pyro/cryo hydra. The next challenge leads us to a desert looking plane (or demi-plane). Waiting for us is the unkillable Russ now in a small obsidian wormlike form (think the Dune worms). Afterall it's hard to keep a senator down.

Our enemies incidentally are Russ's big brothers and/or sisters. We never really got genders from them. They charge up with good old worm sign and most of the group takes off using various modes of flight. I opt to turn into an earth glider and peruse from below. Nash and Isaac turn the area where the majority of the group is standing/hovering into a large plate of obsidian. I sidle up under this and freeze to surprise the worms. When they pass by I turn into an adamantine golem and hitch a ride.

As they break through Nash opts to really ruin their day by reversing gravity. So all 6 worms, Isaac, and myself start falling up. Flying creatures can fly out of the field no problem so the rest of the party simply moves out of the affect. Isaac opts to make this whole mess more painful. He creates an adamantine disk with nice spikes right above them and then creates an identical one on the ground way below. He then proceeds to fly away. Now I intended to fly off about 3 seconds before they quit falling up however the plane's border comes first so they and I clank into the top disk. However I switch into force dragon form and get out of the falling back down part whereas they do not. Somehow despite all the massive damage several of the worms survive so Isaac traps them.

Then poppa arrives. Think collassal+ size (that's well BIG big). Inside him is the item we need to locate and retrieve. Isaac opts to dig into it from the side. Rio hops on as well. I opt to let it swallow me after turning back into golem form. Isaac is already in by the time I get swallowed. He retrieves the item and seeing as I have nothing better to do I decide to "steer" the monster towards the adamantine plates. Not very hard since it was going that way already. At this point Rio suggests that we should keep this "mobile home" alive. It's large and spacious. So Nash creates a gateway to one of Isaac's demiplanes and I drive a very large worm through it.

Thus at the end we have a mobile home named "Bob". And finally I am a full shifter, yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home