Monday, June 26, 2006

Carl's D & D Rnd 3

Thinking of Just saying Carl: Rnd # so I can type less...anyhow Name are listed PC (actual player) spelling may be off!

Our next mission leads us to an old bag's house (take old bag in the most extreme manner, she's unpretty to say the least). Our job is to protect her and/or her daughter. Immediately she takes a liking to Mist (Chuck), Anson (Dorie), and Merle (Teckla) but decidely is cool towards Tepet (me) and Tayla (Krystal). We get the basic lowdown of the situation and on watch the first night I hear the old lady's dumbwaiter being used, it's how she gets up and downstairs in her wheelchair, and although I cannot see who is using it when it reaches her room I can hear her wheelchair through the door.

The next day most of the group basically gets dress clothes for the dinner that night and in the meantime Sharice (Ray) goes and finds the plans for the house. This includes a second basement that can be only accessed by the dumbwaiter. After a quasi-disastrous evening meal the group splits up to take action. Mist, Tayla, and Sharice opt to sneak down the dumbwaiter shaft to the second basement while Anson and I stand watch. In the meantime Merle and Liz's character whose name escapes me at the moment talk to the old bag. I end up helping to distract the halfling butler by helping put away dishes from the evening meal (really good diplomacy roll what can I say?). However the descent takes longer then expected due to the nature of the dumbwaiter shaft so I am forced to "accidentally" drop some fine china for the cause. Merle and Liz's PC come down at the sound and scold me and help the now slightly overwhelmed halfing clean up the mess.

In the meantime Mist and crew arrive at the bottom of the shaft and enter into the basement. They discover a wall composed of dead bodies (*cough* suspicious evidence/wth is up with City of Stone and necromancers?!?) and a menacing two headed dog that they manage to subdue fairly quickly.

By chance at this point Merle is going upstairs to explain the broke china to the old bag. She enters into the old bag's room to find an albino halfing, whom we were supposed to be protecting her from, on her windowsill. She doesn't realize the halfing is in the employee of the old bag and thus the two are in cahoots. The old bag screams alerting just about everyone else that something is up. Anson, Liz's PC, myself, and shortly thereafter Mist, butler in tow, and Tayla all head upstairs.

Merle gets critted by halfing who turns out to be a rogue and goes down. Liz's PC and Anson are next in. However neither are extremely combat oriented so Liz casts a sleep spell that ironically just puts Anson to sleep. I arrive at this point and attempt to whack the halfling. Meanwhile Tayla arrives. Tayla takes down the dog but then the old bag starts using a wand of magic missiles on her. I whack the halfling something good a couple times but he still doesn't go down. Mist tumbles in and shortly thereafter takes down the halfling but not before the old bag takes down Tayla. To make things more confusing Merle's split personality comes to long enough to put the room under a darkness effect that I cannot break with my black candle mystery.

Mist now attempts to dissuade the old bag from attacking anymore but she zaps me with her wand. Right as I am about to attack her -yes an old lady, she just shot me for nearly half my HP!!- her daughter comes in and intercedes. The old bag knowing that Mist and I are probably close to harming her fakes the innocent old lady routine. Mist convinces her daughter to go with Tayle to see what momma kept down in the basement and in the meantime tries to threaten her to spill her guts. Anson wakes up and is somewhat concerned and confused by the situation. Not much happens and eventually Tayla returns with the daughter who has passed out from seeing the basement.

Sharice returns and tells us to wait here while she gets the City Watch. She notes there are a number of laws being broken here including an "unregistered cemetary" which had to be the best line of the night. She runs into two higher ranking "watchmen" almost immediately who take Merle's body away although we don't realize it at the time that they aren't who they say they are. Poor Merle suffered the fact that several of us had cure light wounds on us but forgot-even when glancing at our character sheets-until she was nearly dead and they did nothing for her.

In the meantime with Merle being dead I am sent to retrieve her possessions and take the time to the loot the place (as per plot device orders!). I find a useful key, apparently Kitty had one at some previous time but noone knows this, that gets me access to some very nice equipment that have the symbol of a very famous old smith. In splitting the loot I give Tayla the full plate and chain mail, Sharice the shield and opt to keep the bracers and broke longsword for myself after discussing what to do with it with Mist. I'm not that evil of a looter!

Ironically in the aftermath Liz's PC's character finds some very nice stuff in her uncle's shop allowin Tayla to sell the full plate and chainmail at a tidy (3k+ gp) profit to a weaponsmith/fence we are introduced to by one of the old lady's guests at her evening meal. Several of the items seem very non-descript but OOC they are major artifacts! Mist and Liz's PC are holding onto them although neither know exactly what they do. Tayla now has white dragon scale armor, I have 4 potions of mercurcy dragon's breath (these items came from AD & D supplements so we'll have to sort out what they actually do), Mist also got 10 bolts of lightning, and Merle will get a longsword of dragon slaying. Did I mention that "dragons don't exist" in the City of Stone's world and "everybody knows this"?

Anyhow, now most of us are leaving the Swan District for Crystal Lake. Crystal Lake is apparently a hole. Sharice is part of the City Watch's attempt to reestablish a presence there. I am being sent to link up with Mist by the Guild. Irontusk is sending Mist in with Tayla to meet up with Sharice who is now nominally attached to that organization. Liz's PC is joining me as we head north partially in search of Tayla and I believe Anson is tagging along. Noone knows the situation with Merle whose body was taken away by fake watchmen. We should probably look into that but then again she'll probably turn up...

2 Comments:

Blogger C.R.Olson said...

I must say, I love the fact that this game is being chronicled (what gamemaster wouldn't?), but each time I encounter obvious out-of-character details I wince. I don't suppose it'd be possible for you to post in a more literal fashion? Hey, don't feel like you have to or anything. It was just a suggestion. Oh, and I just added myself to blogger.com. Check out my LiveJournal (simontvesper.livejournal.com) for the details.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Beeks said...

I tend to write things kind of stream of thought. So part of it is retelling the story for those who are interested and some of it is part is just a way for me to remember the story as a reference. Hence why it prolly changes tenses and outlooks etc.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home