Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RPGs on the big (or little) screen

So this thread got me thinking. What RPGs off my shelf would make good movies or tv shows?

My first thought really was Exalted but as much as I love it I am not sure how easily you could convert that to any other medium. Exalted's larger then life format makes it kind of hard.

Next thought was Blue Planet. BP I think would make a great movie although my personal thought would be do a movie about the natives dealing with humanities return to Poseidon and how the world begins to change. Certainly an emphasis on the amazing location of Poseidon both above and below the waves!

Another great one would be Jovian Chronicles done as a war epic. Not even sure who would be considered the good guys. Possibly some just the UN SolaPol bringing about a united war against the Venus Bank? The possibilities of a Firefly-ish series or a Babylon 5ish series also seem like good fits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home