Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thoughts on Gaming III

Of all the various games I'd like to run: Ptolus re-hash (or just finish the original campaign), Exalted in all it's varieties although favorites here are straight up Solars, Dragon-Blooded "defenders of the Realm", Sidereals "The Office", and an all out high-XP "So the world came to the end last Tuesday", Rappun Athuk, Nobilis, and Forgotten Realms, nWoD "Stevens Point by Night" all being bandied about the one setting I'd like to run but really am not sure I could pull off is Blue Planet.

Yet I think Blue Planet reaches out to the widest non-gamer audience. It's hard science fiction so while it may push the boundaries it's not outside of the realm of belief. It also touches an area that at least locally people care a lot about and that's environmentalism. Now granted I am not a huge environmentalist so it took me awhile to realize that this might be a draw to people.

Think of it though, all those young bio and wildlife majors getting to game out their actual majors. I haven't got to do that although I might be able to ad-lib in Blue Planet as well. Maybe it's just that most of the games I've been in are fantasy and set in what would equivalents to the past. Of all the games above that I have listed only nWoD applies to modern/futuristic setting and that has strong fantasy elements to it. It's also darker which focuses on an odd crowd.

So anyhow maybe I can swing a Blue Planet game this summer. If I can stay focused enough to develop one that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home