Saturday, January 15, 2011

Forgotten Realms Campaign Idea

So I own all the books for Forgotten Realms for D&D 3.0/3.5. I've always kind of wanted to use them in a campaign but I've never had the chance to run Forgotten Realms nor even play in a FR campaign. (Come to think of it I've only run three D&D campaigns: 2 in Rappun Athuk, 1 in Ptolus) It got me to thinking: how do I create a campaign that might actually get a chance to employ most of the FR books I own? It would have to be continent spanning as the books are mostly setting oriented. How do I get the players to travel everywhere without necessarily railroading them to specific points I want to see (especially when I want to see everywhere)? This is what I came up with, pick two points on the map (in my case Port Nyranzaru in Chult and Winterkeep in the Endless Wastes). Make the end point inaccessible by magic so mid-level characters can't just teleport there (what fun is that?). After that you just need a reason the characters would have to get there but one that allows a reasonable amount of deviations and side-plots. I just haven't quite figured out my hook yet to get the players rolling.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home